SW Sports Performance
Bomere Pool Aquathlon and Open Water Swims 2020
Date: Sunday 9thAugust 2020
Location: Bomere Pool, Condover, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY57AP
The inaugural Bomere Pool Aquathlon and Open Water Swim, in the stunning countryside near Shrewsbury Shropshire will be held at the lovely Bomere Pool. The event will be a friendly open event to competitors of all abilities and experience.
Three different events will be held on the same day:
- The Open Water Swims - we have 2 swimming options a 1km & 2km.
- The Sprint Aquathlon - a 750 metre swim followed by a 5km run.
- The Aquathlon Relay - teams of three with each member completing a 250 metre swim and a 2.5km run with each team member completing both swim and run before handing over to the next athlete.
You can enter all three events if you’re feeling keen.
Bomere Pool is a large lake venue with easy entry and exit points via a beach. It is weed free with great water quality that can be quite warm in August.
The run will be a trail run set within the grounds and through the woods that run alongside the lake. In August it should be sufficiently mud free to allow for some good times on this fast, relatively flat course.
- All runners will receive a goody bag and finishers medal.
- Suitable for all abilities