|You are about to enter the Fremantle Ocean Classic 2022 - Leighton Beach. Please read the information below before you continue with your entry. Afterwards you can click the "next" button to start your entry.
||Leighton Beach, Fremantle
The Freo Ocean Classic formally known as the Leighton Swim Thru is celebrating its 41st year in 2022. To celebrate, we're going back to our roots and offering the two distance swims we're known best for, those being a 3200m swim and a 1600m swim.
The swim is at Leighton Beach hosted by the Fremantle SLSC on Saturday 29th January 2022 from 7:30am.
As usual there will be cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd male and female across the line in both events and vouchers for the winners of age group categories for males and females. Age groups will be in 10 year brackets
The 1600m swim is open to competitors who are 11 years and older
The 3200m swim is open to competitors 13 years and older
A part of the Surf Life Saving Ocean Swim Series.
150m Guppy Swim (8 to 10 years)
50m Taddie Wade (4 to 7 years)
- For the safety of other swimmers, no heavy jewellery or watches to be worn.
- Wetsuits may be worn, but entrants will not be eligible for major prizes. FINS NOT ALLOWED
- Participation in the event is voluntary. No liability can be accepted by Fremantle SLSC and the organizers for accident or injury to persons or property whilst participating in this event.
- In the event of a race cancellation the entry fee shall be non-refundable.
- Please check with your bank if there are fees for international payments. If there are then this is a fee set by your bank and not by the Online Registration system.
|06:40am||Registrations commence - collect timing bands and cap at Fremantle SLSC Club Rooms|
|07:45am ||Briefing commences (3.2km, 1.6km)|
|08:45am||50m Taddie Wade START|
|08:55am||150m Guppy Swim START|
| ||Presentations will take place on the grassed area of the Surf Club after all events are complete. A number of breakfast items will be available to purchase during presentations|
Late Entry on Race Day
The following entry fees will apply on race day:
|150m Guppy Swim||$15|
|50m Taddie Wade||$10|
Official Tshirt and Cap merchandise is available to purchase during entry.
|Event Long-sleeve Tshirt||$35|
Fremantle Surf Life Saving Club
PO Box 72
North Fremantle, 6159
PH: (08) 9335 4359
Mon to Fri 9.00am to 4.00pm and Sun 8.00am to 11.00am
|How to Enter:
To register, click 'Next' button at the bottom.
The Age Groups for the main swims will be:
- 1600m = 11-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
- 3200m = 13-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
The Canteen will be Open on race day. Available to purchase for breakfast are:
- Breakfast in a Jar
- Freo's Famous Egg and Bacon Roll
- Vegie Wrap
|Parking Map||Course Map|
|All prices and fees in this event are in australian dollar ($) and include GST where applicable.