28th Windsor Half Marathon
The Windsor Half Marathon 2010 is now full.
We have a limited number of Golden Bond Charity places available at a cost of £135 per entry, with all monies going direct to the named charities
CRASH or Prince Philip Trust.
The moment you enter our race we start to incur administration costs and banking charges, simply in processing your entry and payment. We also incur further charges in administering cancellations and processing refund payments. No refund can be given if the race has to be cancelled or postponed due to circumstances outside our control, for instance by order of the government due to foot and mouth. Your entry fee is invested in the cost of staging the event, and the main costs to contractors, suppliers, administration etc are already committed well before race day. Furthermore most races do not offer any form of refund at all if a runner decides to cancel their place because of injury, illness, lack of training or change of plan. There are many other instances of higher priced services, such as plane, train or theatre tickets where no refunds can be given for cancellation in these circumstances. Running in someone else's race number can have very serious consequences if the runner suffers a medical emergency - we have had cases where we have been unable to identify or contact families of runners who have suffered potentially life-threatening conditions whilst using someone else's race number. The accuracy of the race results is also affected when runners are placed in the wrong age and sex category.
Transfers of an entry to another person are permitted with the organisers consent up until 1st August 2010. Please download a substitution entry form, the substitute must fill it in and send it with your name and address with a cheque for £6 made payable to Windsor Half Marathon to Windsor Half Marathon, PO Box 2070, Stourbridge, West Midlands. DY8 1WX. Please note that your race number must not be given to anyone else, this will result in them being disqualified and also if part of a team, this will result in the team being disqualified.
Closing Date 12th September 2010 or when entries have reached 6000
1. Entrants are required to abide by the Race Rules and marshals' directions. Entrants for the half marathon must be amateur, and 17 years or older on race date. The race will be held under UK Athletics rules
2. Entries to the Windsor Half Marathon are personal to the applicant, entry fees are non-refundable and non-deferrable. Any runner who competes in another person's race number will be disqualified.
3. No refund can be given if the race has to be cancelled or postponed due to circumstances outside the race organisers' control
4. The race organisers reserve the right to refuse or cancel applications, including duplicate applications, or alter the date of the event, the course route or distance
5. The race organisers, sponsors, charities, suppliers and/or their agents will not be liable for any injury, loss or expense which may arise in consequence of your participation in this event save as to negligence.
6. All runners are required to complete the personal, contact and health details form on the back of their race number.
7. There is a cut off time for the start - if you arrive later than 13.10pm you will not be allowed to cross the start line as the Glynn Shefford Memorial Run will be assembled at the start.
8. No wheeled vehicles (pram's, buggies etc), dogs, following cycles, alcohol or tobacco allowed
9. We strongly recommend that you do not race wearing headphones, you need to be fully aware of the surroundings
10. Race marshals and medical team members have the authority to disqualify and remove any runner they consider to be acting dangerously, or to be unfit to compete
11. Disqualified runners will be removed from the race results, banned from future Windsor Half Marathons and reported to UK Athletics
12. Team Rules - We do not require competitors to wear official club or team vests. Team results will be based on cumulative times (not places)
13. Runners are required to give assistance to fallen runners, and to report any casualties immediately to the nearest first aid post or race marshal
14. In the event of any dispute the decision of the Race Referee and Race Director shall be final
15. Prize winners are only allowed to receive one prize. E.g. If a veteran runner finishes amongst the first 6 prize winners in the Open Race then he / she will not be eligible for the award in the veteran category.
16. If for some unfortunate reason you are unable to run then you MUST return the Championchip in the envelope provided.
17. It is important to note that we shall be using a timing chip that will be attached to your shoe. These are expensive to produce. Therefore there will be a levy of £5.00 for all non returned chips. We will endeavour to retrieve your chips at the end of the finishing funnels - should you manage to slip through you can take the chip to the Administration Office.
18. Runners are NOT required to register before the race.
19. Check your bank statement for confirmation of acceptance